I have been MIA for the past week. Things have been a bit crazy for me and not in a good way. A dear friend and my cousin Erica suddenly lost her father on Monday. It has been an overwhelmingly difficult week for the family. I have spent time in FTW with her and her mom and the funeral is tomorrow. I know all prayers would be appreciated. In the midst of all of this, Jon and I started our IVF road on Monday as well, so I have been back and forth to Indy giving blood and filling out paper work and learning as much as I can prior to the process. Nothing has gone well, I was stuck three times one day for blood work, got nothing but bruises and then had to go back the next day to be stuck two more times to finally hit a vain. Why God, why?
That is the question of the week. Why God? Why did Bob pass away so suddenly? Why am I dealing with infertility? Why does all of this come at the same time? Why can’t I experience some good news? Why if you knew that I was going to have to go through all of these treatments, do I not at least have an arm they can draw blood from? Why can’t something just be easy? I am not asking for an easy life, and easy road, but just throw me a bone, will you?
Then I think, God looks at me and says "are you nuts?" Easy, your whole life is easy, and comparatively it is. I am blessed, I am loved, I am working, and moving and able. I have so many blessings that do make my life easy. Again, why do I get so hung up on the one thing that does not? So therefore today is count your blessing Thursday. Which was a welcomed reminder this week.
1. I am blessed to have a relationship with you Father. To be able to speak to you daily and to know that you answer prayers.
2. I am blessed to have a wonderful husband, family and Indy family. You all are the best.
3. I am blessed to have a job, one that allows me to have a few days off in the summer.
4. I am blessed to be able to have the means to go through infertility treatments.
5. I am blessed that today, I am alive, healthy, as happy as can be, and can count my blessings.
Prayers and Love go out to Taryn today, who is leaving for Italy for an entire month. I will miss you dearly!