Thursday, July 8, 2010

It is Thursday again!

It is Thursday already! Where is the summer going? We start school in exactly one month! YIKES! Today I was in a bit of a panic because I realized that we start school in exactly one month and I have a lot going on prior to that with the whole IVF thing. I actually freaked out a bit this morning and called the doctor and Jon in a panic, and then Jon called the doctor in a panic, and well, the whole time I was looking at my Bible on the bed thinking I need to calm down. So before I started to worry and worry and worry about timing, and the start of the school year, and if I can get my meds in time and all of that I sat down and read my Proverb for the day, Proverbs 8. I don't think anything in it really spoke to me, but the fact that I made myself look to God and his word, did help. I just need that constant reminder that God is in control, He has a plan, and I am just along for the ride, not driving the car.

This week I have had some wonderful relationship building moments. I am so thankful for the people God places in my life at just the right time.

  1. I am thankful for my friend Gail and her husband Mike. They are newlyweds, and host a huge 4th of July party every year. It was fabulous! Jon and I had a great time and will not miss it again.
  2. My neighbors, we are so thankful to live in such a great neighborhood. I am so looking forward to our bash on Saturday and all the memories we continue to make with each other.
  3. I am thankful for the nurses at the fertility doctor's office, they always know the right thing to say, and constantly calm my fears.
  4. New babies, I am so thankful that today I got to have lunch with two new babies and their moms. They know it is difficult for me and I know it will be difficult, but I treasure their friendships and am so thankful that their babies are healthy, lovely, and beautiful.
  5. He has not made my list for a bit, but I am so thankful for Jon, for his support and the fact that he worries just as much as I do about my health and our future. I know I could not take this journey with anyone else. Olive you

And as God creates new gifts, he also takes them back; please pray for a dear friend who lost her pregnancy this week and prayers that I know how to best help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment