Monday, October 4, 2010

October Already!

It is already October….yikes! As you can tell, school has started and is back in full swing. I am just plain tired and because of that blogging has been sparse. However, there is a lot going on too, and I want to make sure that I get it documented.

First off, we are at 12 weeks! YEAH! I was so excited this morning that I got sick. Today has actually been one of the worst days so far and I thought I was coming out of all of this. We will see what happens as the week goes on. I am pretty much sure it is because I went to bed with an empty stomach, even though I made Jon go and get me some cheese and crackers at about 8, we ate early because of the Colts game, and then by 6 this morning, I was done.

I went to the OB last Thursday for our first appointment with her and things are going well. I was a bit nervous because I kept reading to make sure your doctor is familiar with handling multiples, and I love my OB and did not want to change doctors. However, I was the third of four sets of twins she was seeing that day. So lucky for us we are not changing doctors as of now. All went well there and we go back for an "official" ultrasound again tomorrow. I think that will be number 8 for me. I don't mind having that many ultrasounds; however we have not gotten an insurance bill yet, so I am hoping all of this is covered. The best news is that if everything looks good tomorrow we can wait 4 weeks before we return!

Now that the room is cleaned out, we have picked a "theme" for the nursery. It is going to be Noah's Ark because of the twins, two by two. The walls are going to be yellow and the cribs are going to be black because we already have a dresser that is black, and well, that is about all that is planned. I have been looking online for stuff and have heard that cribs from walmart.com are really good for the price, and seeing that we are buying two, we are starting there. I am hoping that around December they may have some free shipping days for Christmas shopping as well, so until then we will have a yellow empty room.

I bought my first set of diapers Saturday. Since I have been reading the frugal blogs, they say a "good" price on diapers is anything under 15 cents a diaper. Well, thanks to Jan, mom and grandma, I had some coupons to get them for about 12 cents a diaper so I got five packages for my five coupons. 200 diapers total, it should last us a bit over a week. I was told that twins go through 600 diapers that first month. That is 600 diaper changes……oh my

Hope you are doing well and your October is starting out great. Looking forward to Fall Break in a few weeks!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to help you change some of those 600 diapers!!!!!! :)
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! And then dress them in IU gear and lots of bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Yay!!! :) It will all be amazing! :) Wish I lived closer to help.

    ReplyDelete